Saturday, March 27, 2010

Pesach (Passover) Weekend

This is my first Pesach (Passover) weekend that I've had since my surprise Bar Mitsvah on Shabbat-Purim. A little over a year ago I found out I was German Jewish instead of Jewish, you might be able to imagine going from thinking you were German to finding out you were German Jewish but if not think about it and you probably will. At the time my good friend Adore (Dori Levitt) and I were dating and her father was Jewish, she had told me that she would need to have me recreate some of her Jewish favorite dishes which I did over time. (By the way I was the first person in the world to recreate Matzo Ball Soup that taste and looks exactly like it but better) Well, not long after connecting with Adore I found out I was Jewish and of course after finding out many connections to my lineage came up, one big other one was connecting with my current partners Baruch and Maya (www.LARawBazaar.com). They are Russian Israeli's and Kabbalists. I have currently started studying Kabbalah after a year of going to Torah readings, Shabbat services and other events at the Kabbalah Centre. Well, they gave me a surprise Bar Mitzva on my Hebrew birthday which truly connected me to the source of light and gave be a gigantic natural energy high. This weekend it is Pesach (Passover) weekend and this Shabbat is considered the Great Shabbat. Yesterday I went to Shabbat service at sundown which was powerful and then went on an adventure with my friend Oksana (from centre) to take her to her first raw restaurant Planet Raw then to the Luminaries (videooat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buswvJrO-f8 and they are on Facebook and are all good friends of mine) for an amazing conscious hip hop show then afterwards went to my brother Danny's house near the centre to sleep so I could wake up at 5:55am and walk to the 6:15 Shabbat Service. This was my first time to ever walk on Shabbat. Kabbalists aren't worried about not driving on Shabbat, but I still was grateful to experience more of my roots once again. The morning Shabbat service was again powerful. After the service I went with Danny to Erewhon for some raw foods and then went to the second Shabbat service at the Kabbalah Centre. After wards I walked back and took a 2 hour nap (another Shabbat practice), I don't usually take naps easy, even if I have barely slept the night before but this time I drifted off quickly. Now I am getting ready for 3rd meal, I am about to walk to the Kabbalah Centre for the final Shabbat ceremony. I am probably going to the Krishna Venice Rose Temple to see my brother J Brave (Luminaries) and another brother I know from Rainbow Gatherings MJ Green Mountain perform but since it is future sense I on't write any more about with I might or might not do....Tehe.... On another note, I want to add two things. First, I was raised Seventh Day Adventist and I was raised vegetarian and observed the Sabbath. Second, I broke off from it at a young age of 12 when I actually died and had a white light experience, which resulted in sparking a life ling path of experiencing (not reading much) many walks of life's and spiritual paths too. When I connected to my Hebrew roots I of course was guided to study Kabbalah instead of getting more into the Orthodox stuff. I am not in alignment with practices, ways of believing, religions that state that "IT" is the only way in any way, shape of form. I honor these ways and send energy to "ALL" accepting "ALL", and know that there is good and bad in every religion, practice, tribe, town, city, state, country, etc... It is all about of LOVING ONE ANOTHER, COMPASSION, NOT JUDGING and ACCEPTANCE. That being said, Kabbalah teaches that there is much deeper of the Torah and it is not to be taken literally. Kabbalists are more more like Quantum Physicists. Check out the book The Power of Kabbalah by Yehuda Berg and you'll see exactly what I mean... Well, enough of all of that, I am off for the remaining Shabbat adventure. Love all of you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment